It’s almost inevitable that you’ve scrolled past a sweaty selfie of a friend, co-worker or high school classmate bragging about their WOD and professing their love for CrossFit.
CrossFit became a super popular workout a few years ago when box gyms began popping up across the world. CrossFit is practiced by members of over 13,000 affiliated gyms in 120 countries. In the U.S. alone, there are over 7,000 gyms offering the program. It’s estimated that there are roughly 4 million CrossFitters, and its members are so devoted to the competitive approach to fitness that the community has even been described as cult-like.
With all this publicity, you may have wondered if this program could work for you. Before you jump into the “box” (ahem, that’s CrossFit speak for gym),
CrossFit is a lifestyle characterized by safe, effective exercise and sound nutrition. It can be used to accomplish any goal, from improved health to weight loss to better performance. The program works for everyone — people who are just starting out and people who have trained for years.
On today’s episode of Jewanced, we meet with Mark Samarsky, co-founder and head trainer of Rose Valley CrossFit in Nes Tziona, one of Israel’s premier CrossFit boxes to break it down for us and to discuss fitness in Israel.
- Rose Valley CrossFit website (Hebrew)
- Rose Valley CrossFit on Facebook
- Learn more about CrossFit and visit the official website
- Find a local CrossFit box (gym) near you!
- Official website of the CrossFit Games: The Open
- מזון למחשבה – Mazon L’Machshava (Food for Thought) – a podcast produced by Mark and wife Lina (a leading nutritionist and trainer) about nutrition, sport, business, relationships, and everything in between (Hebrew).
For more information, visit us at https://jewanced.com