Join Jewanced for an unforgettable conversation as Benny and Dan host a panel of truly amazing Emiratis to learn about life in the UAE and their feelings about their country’s new normalization with Israel under the Abraham Accords.
Following the ratification of the Abraham Accords, what can we anticipate for the people of Israel, the UAE and Bahrain, as well as for the broader Middle East?
Topics covered include:
- A day in the life of the average Emirati
- Emirati culture and cuisine
- Household economics and the cost of living in the UAE
- The business environment in the Gulf
- Islam in the UAE and its integration with a dazzlingly modern society
- The significance of the Abraham Accords for the young generation of Emiratis
- Emirati values of tolerance and how it relates to Israeli and Jewish visitors and residents in the UAE
- Emirati excitement to learn about Israel and the Jewish People
- And more!
About our panelists:
May is an Emirati food blogger and culture expert, based in Abu Dhabi. She is a co-authoring a cookbook about kosher Emirati cuisine called ‘Kosherati’, together with Dubai-based Elli Kriel, the creator of Elli’s Kosher Kitchen, the UAE’s first kosher catering business.
Follow May on Twitter @MayALBadi
Thani Al Shirawi
Thani is a prominent young Dubai-based businessman where he serves as the vice chairman and deputy group managing director of the Oasis Investment Company. He is a co-founder of the UAE-Israel Business Council.
Follow Thani on Twitter @Thani75
Based in Dubai, Norah is a popular Emirati social media influencer. Bursting with positive energy, she is very active in many groups promoting the UAE-Israel relationship and people-to-people connections between the two nations. Notably, Norah became the face of the historic Abraham Accords in the UAE when she was featured as the Emirati woman in the viral UAE-Israel flag photo taken against the stunning backdrop of the Burj Khalifa and Dubai skyline.
Follow Norah on Twitter @thekingnorah
Follow Norah on Instagram
Link to an article about the famous UAE-Israel flag photo
Ahmed Al Mansoori
Ahmed serves as a forensic investigator with the Abu Dhabi police. Since the Abraham Accords were signed, he has made it his mission to learn as much about Judaism, the Jewish People and Israel as possible and is truly excited to see the developing relationship between the two peoples and countries exceed all expectations.
Follow Ahmed on Twitter @Hackmed804
For this episode, we are proud to collaborate with our partners:
- The Jewish Agency for Israel’s Partnershiptogether Western Galileeand associated Jewish Federation Communities in the United States:
- The Jewish Federation of Ft. Worth and Tarrant County
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Austin
- The Jewish Federation of San Antonio
- The Youngstown Area Jewish Federation
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Dayton
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Toledo
- The Jewish Federation of Omaha
- The Buffalo Jewish Federation
- The Jewish Federation of Louisville
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Des Moines
- The Jewish Federation of Northwest Indiana
- The Jewish Federation of St. Joseph Valley
- The Jewish Federation of Fort Wayne
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Indianapolis
- The Jewish Federation of Peoria
- The Jewish Federation of Springfield
Be sure to watch our LIVE RECORDING of this episode on YouTube!
As always, make sure to subscribe to Jewanced on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts and subscribe to our YouTube channel.