Join Jewanced for an unforgettable conversation as Benny and Dan host a panel of top Middle East experts from around the region to explore how perceptions and world views are shifting as history unfolds before our very eyes.
Following the ratification of the Abraham Accords, what can we anticipate for the people of Israel, the UAE and Bahrain, as well as for the broader Middle East?
Topics covered include:
- The contrast between Gulf vs. other Arab states’ attitudes towards normalization with Israel
- The significance of the Abraham Accords for the young generation of Arabs across the region
- Emirati values of tolerance and how it relates to Israeli and Jewish visitors and residents in the UAE
- Whether Israel’s new Gulf partners expect it to come to their aid in a possible future military conflict with Iran
- The Gulf Arab Doctrine – Promoting national interests of the Gulf states, countering the Iranian threat and helping the Palestinians via normalization with Israel
- And more!
About our guests:
Fleur Hassan-Nahoum is the Deputy Mayor of Jerusalem for Foreign Relations, International Economic Development, and Tourism. She is a co-founder of the UAE-Israel Business Council.
Dr. Najat Al Saied
Dr. Najat Al Saied is an Independent Researcher at the Emirates Centre for Strategic Studies and Research (ECSSR) in Abu Dhabi, UAE. She is also a columnist in both Al Ittihad (an Arabic language daily newspaper in the United Arab Emirates) and Al Hurra (an American satellite television news channel in Arabic). She specializes in political and social development communication geared to the modern and tolerant Middle East.
Buy Dr. Al Saied’s book, Screens of Influence: Arab Satellite Television and Social Development
Omar Al Busaidy
Omar Al Busaidy is an Optimistic Opportunist, Entrepreneur, Author, and Futurist.
He is also a very proud Emirati Global Shaper, speaker for the World Economic Forum, member of the US and UAE Public Affairs Committee, member of The Arab Youth Pioneers Program.
Buy Omar’s book, Just Read It
Haisam Hassanein is an Egyptian-American analyst, and a former fellow at the Washington Institute of Near East Policy. He is a frequent columnist writing on the Middle East in Foreign Policy, Wall Street Journal, and more.
- The official U.S. State Department website of the Abraham Accords
- The Abraham Accords Declaration
- Full text of The Abraham Accords Peace Agreement: Treaty of Peace, Diplomatic Relations and Full Normalization Between The United Arab Emirates and The State of Israel
- Full text of The Abraham Accords: Declaration of Peace, Cooperation, and Constructive Diplomatic and Friendly Relations Between The State of Israel and The Kingdom of Bahrain
- Watch ‘A Historic Day for Peace’, the official White House video of the Signing Ceremony of the Abraham Accords
For this show, we are proud to collaborate with our partners:
- The UAE-Israel Business Council
- The Moshe Dayan Center for Middle Eastern & African Studies at Tel Aviv University
- TRENDS Research and Advisory
Be sure to watch our LIVE RECORDING of this episode on YouTube!